Friday, 24 August 2012

Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub // Review





Right off the bat, I usually check other reviews on products I'm about to review too, to see if it's product itself that works/doesn't work, or if it's just my skin. With this one, many of them also mentioned the same problems I've experienced with this too.

What it claims to do;
With powerful  MICROCLEAR® technology and exfoliating microbeads the formula unclogs pores to clean deeply and help eliminate spots and blemishes. The refreshing scrub gently purifies the skin without overdrying, while a wave of pink grapefruit uplifts the senses with a burst of invigorating freshness!

I do regret spending money on this, as even after the first use I was left very disappointed.
When I first opened it, I knew I wouldn't be fond of the smell, as it is strong and I'm not quite sure if it actually does smell of pink grapefruit.
I tried it out on my skin, with a little water, however as I was rubbing it onto my skin it did not start foaming, it kind of just stayed in the gel form it comes in.
As for the micro-beads, they are very micro. I could barely feel them against my skin, which means they won't be doing their job of thoroughly exfoliating my skin, which is the purpose of a scrub.

After washing it off my skin and drying my face, I did not see a major improvement in my skin at all, like you would expect from a scrub. In fact, it made my skin very tight, dry, and just overall left it in a horrible condition. I did try it out a few days after, just to check it wasn't just because of my skin on that particular day, however it was the same. I have really tried with this product, even a few months after I tried it out one last time, sadly it doesn't work for me. However I did leave it in the bathroom, and I guess someone is using it in my family as it keeps on moving from the shower-room to the cabinet, which is good as it means the product isn't going to waste.

I know this is quite a cynical review, but I want to be honest, and I'd hate to give false information leading to people wasting money on products that don't do what they claim, as I did. Of course, I will not be repurchasing. As this was the first product from Neutrogena I have ever purchased, I'll be looking out more before purchasing anything else from them, but I'm sure they're not all like this.

9 comments:

  1. i absoloutly hate that thing!! It smells weird and broke me out! :(
    I love your blog, you need way more followers, so i will start the run will being your newest!

    check me out, Albonnie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Will do :-) x

      Delete
  2. Wow, i really expected this post to be positive. I have heard a few people say that it works for them and it was going to be the next facial scrub that i purchase! Thanks for the honest review, you saved me a few pounds :)Are there any scrubs you would recommend? Check out my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend the St Ives Scrub range and the Garnier Fresh Essentials one too :-) Will do x

      Delete
  3. i hate it when you regret spending money on a product! i don't think i'll be trying this anytime soon, thankyou for the review! :)xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, thank you for the comment! x

      Delete
  4. ah i tried this too! have a look at my recent post on my blog? www.hellotiendas.blogspot.com X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrible, isn't it? Sure I will :-) x

      Delete

Thank youuuu!