Wednesday, 6 June 2012

St. Ives Apricot Skin Invigorating Scrub





First and foremost, I cannot praise this product enough! As soon as I started using it, I fell in love. It's now become one of my stable skincare products, as it works so well with my skin.

It's a facial scrub designed to exfoliate the skin, removing all dead skin cells, to reveal a fresh radiant face, which is exactly what it does! It contains small grains that do the main job of exfoliating, however I can see why they may be a problem for sensitive skin. I admit when I first tried it out, I began using it day and night for about 5 days straight. I can now say that may have been a bad idea as compared to other exfoliating products, the grains in this scrub are much larger and prominent, which may be far too harsh on the skin. I have cut down on using it to only 2/3 times a week, when I'm having a shower. The advantages of this for me is that my face feels super clean after showering, and it won't irritate my skin than if I was to use it more often.
A small disadvantage is that the smell of this can be a little overpowering at times, as it smells of apricot and I'm not usually a fan of skincare products that smell fruity, but I'll let that one slip haha.

As I have previously mentioned in my Cleanse and Polish review, I do like products that give instant results and this one is defiantly one that springs to mind. Every time I use it, my skin feels so soft, looks so bright and feels so fresh.
Although this particular scrub may be a bit harsh on certain types of skin, the plus side is that there are also other types of scrub within the St. Ives range, so there is one to suit everyone. This is the second tube I have purchased so far, and there will be plenty more to follow. I do recommend this product as it's something that I would use again and again and again, which is a sign of quality for me! xo

12 comments:

  1. Great review, I'll definitely check it out next time I'm out shopping :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should. It's amazzzing x

      Delete
  2. This sounds good, I'll have to try it out sometime :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reviews. Havent buy the scrub for ages. I should go and get one :) Thanks btw

    xx jasmine
    www.awonderkind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been a fan of the St. Ives range, but it's been awhile since I bought any of their products - this looks really good though!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, this is the first product I've bought from St. Ives because I've heard so much about it. I'm looking into other products in the range too. x

      Delete
  5. works every time!
    i really like the its fresh scent, and it cleans so thoroughly :)

    X
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's never not cleaned my face properly and my skin feels unbelievably fresh after using x

      Delete

Thank youuuu!