Monday, 28 May 2012

The Alchemist

Right, before I go all out about this book I'm going to admit something first; at times whilst I was reading this book I felt a bit lost, like I'd fallen asleep at some point through reading this. This lead me to finish the book off but read the plotline of it later. Maybe that's just me though, I do tend to drift off when I'm doing everything (reading, watching tv, listening to music, studying, etcetcetc).

"When you really want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
The above quotation from the book pretty much sums up what the book is truely trying to get across to the readers; that is you really want something, and put your mind to it, it will happen and everything will fall into place.
I'm currently at a time in my life where I'm kind of confused (as always) and I'm trying to find a direction in life. I'm in the midst of exams so my mind is blocked of all things academic at times, but than at others I'm sat wondering to myself 'where is life leading me?'. This book kind of reminds me though that it is all written (maktub;as it's often referred to in this book). It reminds me not to worry so much about life, and that I can only try my best till a certain extent, and then maybe after that things will fall into place with how they should be, and how my life is written to be like.

Aside from how much it's influenced my whole mind-set, it's a lovely story line. I can't say it's a very very complex storyline because it isnt, and I don't think the author meant for it to be complicated as it'd divert the readers attention from the true moral of the whole story.

Without giving too much away, I'm going to just say I do recommend giving this book a go. I'm looking into which book I should purchase next by Paulo Coelho (which is enough of a sign for me that I throughly enjoyed this book, and you would too!)  xo


16 comments:

  1. One of my favourite books:-)

    xx, emma


    nahkatakilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, it is so good! Thank you for the comment x

      Delete
  2. Very nice blog congratulations!


    BLOG: http://habanerohandmade.blogspot.it

    FANPAGE FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Habanero-Handmade-Fanpage/119842804790054

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that quote your posted to sum up the book. My friend is obsessed with this book, and although I have never been quite a reader myself, this is one of those books that I want to eventually read sometime down the road.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I'm sure you'd be interested in it x

      Delete
  4. This book has been sitting on my bedside waiting for me to read it after all my exams! Cannot wait to read it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! Good luck on your exams btw x

      Delete
  5. This book sounds really interesting, I like the message of it, it's nice when a book really makes you think. Good luck with your exams :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, imo the best kinds of books are those that are thought provoking. Thank you! x

      Delete
  6. ove heard about this - may give it a read x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, its really good x

      Delete
  7. It sounds like a really interesting read. I like the concept of not worrying about things so much!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Aha, I know, its the best way to go about life x

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Love your review of the book and I agree completely, I sort of read it in a bit of a haze lol and it is quite simple but I love the overall message of it. Hope your exams went well and good luck for uni!! :)
    Glad you enjoyed my post!
    Saadiya x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay lovely, and you too! Thank you, they went well. Loved the book so much x

      Delete

Thank youuuu!