Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Cleanser

With me only ever buying basic beauty products, purchasing the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser was quite a spill, to say the least. However, reading countless amounts of praise about this particular product made me feel a lot less guilty for buying a high-end product, and I'm glad this is the first one.









As soon as I opened it, I was in awe at the lovely packaging. It also came with a complimentary 50ml Instant Boost Skin Tonic.
I decided to go for the 100ml starter pump, which was £14.25. It comes with two muslin clothes as well. The way in which is works is through cleansing the face by rubbing the product on the face, and then following on with a gentle exfoliating action of removing the cleanser with the fairly hot (but not too hot that it burns the face) muslin cloth. The first time I used this little beauty, I must admit I didn't see a major difference in my face. With me being the type of person that wants instant gratification, I was left disappointed as I didn't see immediate results. I'm also so used to using facial scrubs such as the St Ives exfoliating scrub (which does give an instant glow to the face), but I do understand that they're much harsher (which this cleanser isn't designed to be).

I decided to give it a couple of more days, and that was when the real results started to show. Over time my skin was becoming smoother, brighter, radiant, less oily, and I could tell why so many people rave on about it. I now use it every morning (and the occasional night-time when I'm not being lazy), and I love how it makes my skin feel so soft and fresh. Following on the cleansing process with the toner gives it the little finishing touch it needs too. My skin has never been as smooth as it is now. I do manage to squeeze in a little exfoliating scrub session when I've showered, but with this product I don't feel like I have to do as much as I did before. And of course, it's better for my skin too.

I would definitely recommend this cleanser. Although it is a little expensive than the cleansers you'd find in places like Boots/Superdrug, it is well worth the money!

xo

8 comments:

  1. My mum bought me this, I would never have thought of spending this much, but I think I may have to repurchase when it runs out! It's so good and looks so lovely sat in the bathroom as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, the packaging its in is so sleek and lovely, and not bulky at all. Thank you for the comment! x

      Delete
  2. It sounds like such a great cleanser! I'm very tempted to buy the sample size and try it out for myself :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I've read that some bloggers have had a different experiance of it so the sample size would be the best bet to try out first and see if it works for your skin! x

      Delete
  3. ahh, i really need to try this! Everything about it looks so luxurious; the packaging and everything - lovely review :)xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is so cute aha! I didn't want to open it and ruin the packaging at first, haha. Thank you for the comment! x

      Delete
  4. i love the way Liz Earle stuff is packaged it always looks beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank youuuu!